The Antioch Church
It was at Antioch that believers were first called Christians (Acts 11:26). The church turned their world upside-down with people from all walks of life responding to the gospel message. The church as a whole was committed to spreading the gospel. The secret behind it is the Holy Spirit. It was a church that was Holy Spirit-directed (Acts 13:2,5), Holy Spirit-led (Acts 11:23,24), and Holy Spirit – enabled (Acts 11:21).
A Spirit-filled Church that makes Christ known to all peoples
To Evangelise and Raise Disciples across Generations and People Groups
Go Make Disciples
If you’d like to know more about FGA’s Mission and Vision,
you may download notes by Elder Wong Ah Chiew and Chairman Elder Dr. Ng Soon Gan on the Antioch Church Vision.
1. Dependence on the Holy Spirit.
John 16 : 13 – 14
2. Emphasis on God’s Word and Prayer.
2 Timothy 3 : 16 – 17
3. The Significance of Character.
James 3 : 16 – 17
4. The Importance of the Family and the Individual.
Ephesians 6 : 1 – 4 ;
Titus 2 : 1 – 8
5. Our obligation of Reaching the Lost and Caring for the Poor and Needy.
2 Timothy 4 : 2 ;
Proverbs 11 : 30
6. Our Collective Leadership as Godly Servants.
1 Peter 5 : 1 – 4
7. The Recognition of Diverse Gifts in the Body.
Romans 12 : 4 – 8
- The Holy Bible is the inspired and only infallible Word of God and the final authority for all matters of faith and conduct.
(2 Timothy 3 : 16-17 ).
- In the One True and Living God, eternally existent in 3 person; God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28 : 19 ; 2 Corinthians 13 : 14 ).
- In the Fall and Sinfulness of Man and that salvation is through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ. (John 3 : 16; Romans 6 : 23 ; Ephesians 2 : 8 ).
- In the Lord Jesus Christ, the Eternal Son of God who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and was born of the Virgin Mary. He is the only Saviour of all mankind as He died for our sins, was buried and rose again according to the Scriptures. He is both truly God and truly Man. (Matthew 1 : 20-23 ; Luke 1 : 26-35 ; Acts 4 :12 ; 1 Corinthians 15 : 3-4 ; Philippians 2 : 5-11 ).
- In the Ordinance of the Church – baptism by immersion in water in the name of the eternal Godhead, and the Lord’s Supper. (Matthew 28 : 19 ; Luke 22 : 19-20 ; Romans 6 : 3-5 ; Acts 8 : 38-39a ; 1 Corinthians 11 : 23-26 ).
- In the Security of the Believer as he abides in Christ. (John 10 : 27-29; 15 : 5-6; Revelation 3 : 5 ).
- In the Baptism in the Holy Spirit,with the evidence of speaking in tongues and the availability of the gifts of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2 : 1-4 ; 8 : 14-17 ; 10 : 44-46 ; 1 Corinthians 12 : 1-13 ).
- In the Imminent and Visible Return of the Lord Jesus Christ and the eternal fellowship of all born again believers with Christ (Acts 1 : 11; 1 Thessalonians 4 : 15-17 ; Revelation 1 : 7 ).
- In Recognizing the Body of Christ and the priesthood of believers. (1 Corinthians 12:12 ; 1 Peter 2:9 ).
- In the Sanctifying Power and Work of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enable to live a holy life. (John 16:8-15 ; 1 Corinthians 6:11 ; 2 Thessalonians 2:13 ).
- In the Resurrection and Final Judgment of both the saved and the lost, one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting punishment, and the coming of a new heaven and a new earth. (2 Peter 3:13 ; Revelation 20:11-15 ; 21:1 & 8 ).
- The Church is the centre of God’s purpose as the appointed institution of fulfilling the Great Commission. (Matthew 28 : 18-20 ; Acts 1 : 8 ).
Men still cry, “What must I do to be saved?”
The Bible provides a clear answer.
1. ACKNOWLEDGE: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). “God be merciful to me a sinner” (Luke 18:13).
2. REPENT: “Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish (Luke 13:3). “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out” (Acts 3:19).
3. CONFESS: “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). “If thous shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved” (Romans 10:9).
4. FORSAKE: “Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return unto the Lord…for he will abundantly pardon” (Isaiah 55:7).
5. BELIEVE: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned” (Mark 16:16).
6. RECEIVE: “He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name” (John 1:11, 12).
Why not make your eternal decision now and pray the following prayer?
“Lord Jesus, I believe You died for my sins. I repent of my sins and ask for Your forgiveness. I am willing to turn from my way and follow Your way. I receive You now as my personal Saviour and Lord and invite You to manage my life from this day forward. Amen.”
2896 Total Views 2 Views Today